The Benefits of Aluminium Windows and Doors
There are many benefits to ponder on when considering the installation of aluminium windows and doors. Gone are the days when aluminium was fabricated with thick, heavy frames that were cold and draughty. Modern technology allows manufacturers to engineer this hardy yet lightweight material into slim, contemporary frames while still retaining superb energy efficiency and thermal retention ratings.
Whatever your taste or budget, there are many benefits to choosing aluminium for your next renovation project.
Aluminium windows and doors have had a displeasing reputation in the past for featuring a heavy and brutish appearance. In reality, innovative advancements in the industry mean modern aluminium frames are now manufactured with contemporary design in mind. Engineered with slimmer frames and less hardware that allow more natural light and warmth to flow into your home, aluminium can transform your spaces with bold, minimalist style and clean lines.
Slimmer frames also means aluminium windows can be fabricated with larger panes of glass. This means you will benefit from a panoramic vista of your gardens and other outdoor spaces. Aluminium bifold doors in particular can transform your home with an influx of natural light and visually contemporary aesthetics that fit seamlessly into your property.
Using only the very best in quality materials, aluminium remains a resilient and stylish option for your home. Custom made to fit the aesthetics of your property and your own personal taste, you will also have a number of different colour options and styles to choose from.
Majestic Designs’ Guide to Aluminium Windows
When choosing your new aluminium windows, you will have a number of styles, colours and hardware to choose from. From traditional casement windows to bespoke windows, our guide can help you decide which type of aluminium window will best suit your home as well as your own personal tastes.
- Casement Windows – An enduring choice on the UK market, casement windows combine modern convenience with classic style. Casement windows are also virtually maintenance-free, effortlessly complement your property’s character with understated elegance and style.
- Flush Casement Windows – Similar in style to a traditional casement window, a flush casement window sits flush in its frame. Flush casement windows offer the durability of a classic casement window, and can elevate your property with simple yet visually appealing aesthetics.
- Bay Windows – A bay window is an iconic symbol of Britain’s Victorian era. They deliver more space and an influx of natural light to both traditional and contemporary properties alike. Delivering understated elegance reminiscent of a bygone era, bay windows remain a popular and enduring choice on the UK market.
- Bow Windows – Also known as a compass style window, a bow window serves as an alternative to a more traditional bay window. Similarly, a bow window is ideal for maximising space and natural light within your home, and can effortlessly complement your property with a sleek, compass-like design and elegant style reminiscent of times gone by.
- Leaded & Georgian Windows – Leaded and Georgian windows combine classic period features with modern conveniences such as heightened security and energy efficiency. Ideal in historically sensitive renovation projects, you won’t have to compromise on your home’s traditional aesthetics when refurbishing your original windows.
Resilient and long-lasting
When maintained correctly, aluminium has a life expectancy of more than 30 years. Investing in this resilient material will save you in the long term. This is because aluminium is more durable in adverse weather conditions than cheaper alternatives.
Requiring little maintenance, a quick wipe down with a soft, damp cloth every few months is all that is required to maintain your aluminium windows and doors. We suggest a diluted, mild detergent. Harsh cleaning products and abrasive tools should be avoided.
Majestic Designs’ Guide to Aluminium Doors
Bespoke aluminium doors can transform your property with an influx of natural light as well as heightened security and energy efficiency. If you are pondering the installation of an aluminium door in your home, there are many benefits to consider on top of choosing a style that is suitable for your property.
- Aluminium Patio Doors – A simple and traditional yet stylish patio door can create an elegant accessway to your garden or outdoor area.
- Aluminium Bifold Doors – Engineered with minimal hardware and large, uninterrupted panes of glass, bifold doors create a seamless transition between your interior and exterior living spaces.
Energy-efficient and environmentally friendly
Modern aluminium windows and doors have slimmer frames. As a result, you may be questioning how energy efficient those large panes of glass are. At Majestic Designs, all of our windows and doors are engineered with innovative polyamide thermal break technology. Our aluminium range retains heat and insulates your property from the elements. Choosing aluminium means you’ll be saved from the hassle of costly energy bills. You’ll also rest easy knowing your property is consuming less energy.
Aluminium is also non-toxic and can be recycled an infinite number of times. This means the processes of producing and reusing the material is considered sustainable. Lightweight, durable, and physically strong, aluminium is resilient to adverse weather. It’s also highly versatile, making it the perfect material for use in our new windows and doors.
If your older property still has its original steel frames, you may have concerns about strength and security.
Aluminium windows and doors engineered by Majestic Designs come with internal beading and a multi-point locking system. You can rest assured your property will also remain secure from any unwelcome intruders. Aluminium bifold doors are secured to a durable and robust track. They also feature internal beading and multi-point locking mechanisms. This means in order for anyone to break in, they would be unable to lift the door from its frame. In fact, they would have to resort to smashing the glass in order to gain entry. This would obviously make a lot of noise, and alert you and your neighbours.
Aluminium is the ideal choice when refurbishing your property. It provides a low maintenance, durable alternative that proves more cost-effective than replacing your old windows with new steel.
Majestic Designs’ Guide to Your Most Frequently Asked Questions
From bespoke bifold doors to traditional casement windows, aluminium is a durable and long-lasting material suitable in both traditional and contemporary properties alike.
- Should I purchase Aluminium Bifold Doors? – Aluminium bifold doors combine the security and energy efficiency of a modern door with the expansive panes of double-glazed glass and natural light of a window.
- Are Casement Windows Secure? – Available in aluminium, traditional casement windows are an enduring choice on the UK market. So, are casement windows secure?
- Flush Casement Windows for All Homes – Offering timeless style and elegance to any property, flush casement windows have become increasingly popular in recent years.
- What is Best, Sliding Patio Doors or Bifold Doors? – Choosing between patio doors and bifold doors will come down to the exact specifications of your property.
- Are Aluminium Windows Better Than uPVC? – Investing in new windows for your property can pose a significant challenge for the modern homeowner. Choosing between aluminium and uPVC will come down to the exact specifications of your home as well as your own unique tastes.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the Differences Between uPVC Windows & Aluminium Windows? – One of the biggest considerations you need to take into account when refurbishing your home is the type of material you choose for your windows. So, what is the difference between uPVC and aluminium?
- What are Thermally Broken Aluminium Windows & Doors? – Improving the energy efficiency of your property should be a top priority for any homeowner. So, how can aluminium improve the energy efficiency of your home?
- A Guide to Choosing the Right Windows & Doors – A detailed guide to choosing new windows and doors for your property. Our guide includes tips on energy efficiency, security and choosing the right materials.
- Choosing the Right Supplier for Your Aluminium Windows & Doors – Choosing the right supplier for your aluminium windows and doors is of the utmost importance when refurbishing your home. So, how do you find the right supplier?
Aluminium windows and doors at Majestic Designs
Durable and cost-effective, there are many benefits to installing aluminium windows and doors. When engineered correctly, aluminium will not warp or flex over time, nor will it discolour or corrode. Our aluminium range are resilient to the elements as well as the efforts of any unwelcome intruders. You can rest assured your aluminium windows and doors will need your property safe and secure for decades to come.
For 19 years, Majestic Designs have prioritised quality and customer satisfaction above all else. Our aluminium range is made to order in our state-of-the-art factories right here in Somerset. Manufactured with sustainability in mind as well as resilience to the elements, our leading team of FENSA accredited and MTC registered installers have cultivated a country-wide reputation for friendly, approachable customer service that goes above and beyond.
If you would like further information about our range of bespoke aluminium windows and doors or are ready to book your at-home consultation, do not hesitate to contact Majestic Designs today.