Finding The Best Window Companies Near Me
With several different colours and styles to choose from, the hardest part of upgrading your home with new windows is finding the best window companies near me.
Replacing your windows with modern uPVC or aluminium is a surefire way of improving the kerb appeal of your home, as well as reducing any noise pollution, draughts and condensation. Boasting exceptional energy efficiency ratings and better security, modern double-glazed windows have a life span of well over two decades and can be hugely advantageous in the day-to-day lives of you and your family.
If you’re in the market for new windows, you want to ensure that you find the best installer for your home. From accreditations and online reviews to comparing quotes, here are some tips on finding the best window companies near me.
Compare multiple quotes
When looking for new windows, it’s important not to sign up with the first company you find. Getting multiple quotes can help you make a more informed decision as well as ensure that you are working with a reputable company. You’ll also be able to compare prices, features and services from different vendors.
Check their accreditations
It’s important to check a company’s accreditations before signing any contracts or reaching for your wallet. Professional window companies will be registered by FENSA, an organisation that recognises competent and reputable tradespeople. TrustMark is another programme to look out for.
Majestic Designs’ Guide To Purchasing New Windows
For more information about choosing a reputable window company, have a read through our how-to guide on purchasing new windows.
- 9 Questions To Ask Your Window Supplier – Looking for questions to ask your window supplier? Here are nine essential questions to ask your window supplier.
- The Danger Of Rip-Off Window Companies – Like any other industry, the manufacturing sector is plagued by cowboy installers. So how can homeowners identify and avoid a cowboy installer?
- Here’s How You Can Save Money With New Windows – With the temperature dropping and energy bills skyrocketing, you may be looking for ways to save money this winter. While updating your old windows may seem drastic, the reality of retaining older-style windows is more expensive utility bills and less comfortable home.
- The Benefits Of Updating Your Home With New Windows – There are several benefits to consider when pondering whether you should update your old windows.
- Five Tips For Choosing New Windows – When it comes to choosing new windows for your home, the whole process can seem overwhelming and complicated. So, what should you look for when choosing your new windows?
- What To Look For When Buying Double Glazing – For many households, installing double glazing means a warmer, more comfortable home during the chillier months as well as cheaper energy bills.
- What Are uPVC Windows? – Engineered with longevity, security and resilience in mind, uPVC windows have become increasingly popular in recent years. So what are uPVC windows?
- Are uPVC Double-Glazed Windows Worth It? – Renowned for heightened energy efficiency ratings, uPVC double-glazed windows will keep your home warm and reduce noise pollution.
Be wary of cowboys
Hiring an unqualified window installer, also known as a cowboy or rogue trader, can result in all kinds of trouble further down the line. This is because rogue traders carry out the installation of windows and doors without the experience or qualifications to complete the project to a high standard. There is also a good chance your windows will come from an unreliable supplier.
This is why when you’re choosing your window company, it’s important to look out for installers with no references and vague time frames. A lack of legitimate premises and deals that seem too good to be true can also be red flags.
Look for a company that installs their own products
Speaking of rogue traders, it’s also important to seek out a company that installs its own products. Another danger of employing a cowboy is a lack of transparency when it comes to the supply of your windows – most likely they won’t manufacture their own windows but will procure them from an unreputable source for cheap. By partnering with a reputable window company that engineers its own products on-site, you’ll have more transparency when it comes to the supply of your new windows.
It’s also important to look out for a company that employs its own installation team in-house. That way, you won’t have to worry about your chosen company subcontracting your refurbishment project. At Majestic Designs, our installation team are fully employed, FENSA-accredited and MTC-registered. This means from consultation to installation, we can carry out regular inspections and quality control that ensure a higher level of service for our customers.
Reviews are useful because they can give you first-hand information about the company and the level of service you can anticipate. They can also reveal how your chosen window company deals with complaints, criticism and feedback. Doing so can reveal hidden fees, poor customer service, faulty hardware and any other feedback and secrets a company may be keeping from you.
Customer reviews are easily accessed online in this day and age. Majestic Designs, for example, has a 9.48 rating out of 10 from more than 3200 independent reviews on the FairTrades website.
New windows at Majestic Designs
Finding the best window company can be overwhelming. A quick look on the internet reveals thousands of potential installers claiming to offer the “greatest pricing on the market” as well as a high-quality installation. However, with a little research and careful consideration, it doesn’t have to be such a daunting task.
Majestic Designs have been improving homes across Somerset with our bespoke range of high-quality windows, doors and conservatories for more than 21 years. Our range of products are fitted by our professional, fully-employed teams of FENSA-accredited and MTC-registered lead installers, and engineered in our state-of-the-art factories right here in Cheddar, in the heart of Somerset.
For more information about our range of uPVC and aluminium products, get in touch with the team at Majestic Designs today.