Top 10 facts you didn’t know about windows
In the 21st century, we all take double glazed windows for granted. When you open your windows, it’s probably absent-mindedly with no thought to their origin or how they fit in with the rest of your home. Windows may be everywhere and are certainly a part of our everyday lives. There are however, some interesting facts related to windows. Here are ten top facts you ‘probably’ didn’t know about windows.
- 1. The first glazed windows were in Roman times.
- 2. Double glazing originated in Scotland in the 19th century.
- 3. Approximately 25% of a home’s heat is lost through poorly insulated windows.
- 4. Windows account for an average of 15% of a home’s wall space.
- 5. Replacing your home’s windows can add upwards of 10% to the value of your property.
- 6. There are 760 windows in Buckingham Palace.
- 7. A Google search for ‘windows’ will give results for Microsoft Windows before house windows.
- 8. In the 18th and 19th centuries, astragal bars were used to support the separate glazing panels in sash windows.
- 9. uPVC windows are virtually maintenance free and will stay looking new for over a decade.
- 10. uPVC is a highly environmentally friendly material.
At Majestic Designs, uPVC windows are our most popular product. We place great emphasis on ensuring that every window we manufacture, and install is as high performing and professionally installed as the last. All our uPVC windows are rated A+14 for energy efficiency and feature super secure Yale locking systems. With new windows from Majestic Designs, you’ll soon enjoy a warmer, safer home.
If you’d like to find out more about our extensive range of products and services, contact Majestic Designs today. Give us a call on 01934 741 294 or send us a message online. Our friendly industry experts are always happy to offer advice and answer any questions you may have about the best solutions for your home improvement plans.