October is Home Security Month
National Home Security Month, as the name suggests has been designed to promote and raise awareness of home security. With many of us living busy lives it is important to remember the importance of securing our homes, wherever we live.
Raising awareness of National Home Security Month
Majestic Designs are proud to promote National Home Security Month, now in its fourth year running, October is the ideal month to raise awareness. As the nights draw in it’s important to be aware that a break-in takes place every 40 seconds in home across the UK. Furthermore 40% of burglaries take place when a house is un-occupied. A scary thought as with the winter months upon us we are increasingly more likely to be leaving our home unoccupied in the cover of darkness.
Window and door security features
With the help of Majestic Designs homeowners can improve the security of their homes by installing windows and doors that feature our multi-point locks as standard. Our uPVC A+14 windows and doors are all fitted with high security multi-point locking systems to minimise the chance of a break-in.
Many thieves are looking for an easy way into a property so by using multi-point locks in your home you can help deter even an attempt at entry. Modern double glazing will also help deter burglars as breaking two panes of glass over one makes entry significantly more difficult.
Our solid core timber composite doors are also a great way to safeguard your home. These heavy duty entrance doors use advanced British standard 3 star cylinders which is the UK’s highest accredited locking system. They not only provide increased security over a uPVC door, they also look fantastic and come in a range of 18 colour choices.
Look out for Secured by Design windows and doors
When choosing new windows and doors look for the Secured by Design logo. Secured by Design is the official police security initiative. Here at Majestic Designs we are delighted to be able to offer products which carry the Secured by Design logo and have been endorsed by this scheme.
Save money on your insurance premiums
By using multi-point locking windows and doors you can help not only reduce the risk of a burglary but also reduce your insurance premiums. Insurance companies recognise the security benefits and reduced risk of a break-in which in turn provides homeowners with lower premiums. You can find out more in on the Policy Expert website
Upgrade your windows and doors today with the help of Majestic Designs
You really are in safe hands with the team at Majestic and here’s a few reasons why:
- We manufacture our own windows and doors to high security standards, monitoring the quality control process from manufacture to installation and aftercare
- We use multi-point locking systems throughout as standard
- Our products are Secured By Design accredited
- We use A+14 energy rated double glazing as standard
- Our complete window systems are tested to British Board of Agrément (BBA) manufacturing strength tests
- Our lead MTC registered installation teams carry ID badges and are all employed by Majestic Designs with branded vans and uniforms
- You can see our windows, doors and conservatories first hand in our Somerset Double Glazing Showroom.
- We are FENSA and TrustMark accredited
- Majestic Designs have been trading for 15 years with countless satisfied customers across Somerset, North Somerset and Devon.
The sales and design team at Majestic Designs are available to provide advice and support for homeowners looking to upgrade their existing windows and doors. Contact us to find out more.